On May 14-15, 2021, at Tiraspol State University (located in Chisinau, Moldova) took place the second edition of the Moldovan-Polish-Romanian International Scientific Congress Education, Politics, Society, organized by Tiraspol State University (Chisinau, Moldova), Pedagogical University of Krakow (Krakow, Poland) and University of Craiova (Craiova, Romania). The Congress was attended by over 400 people from academic centres, research and various educational institutions in Moldova, Poland, Romania, France, Italy, Greece, Ukraine, Russia and Brazil. This event took place under the auspices of “Europe’s Days”.
The plenary communications proposed for discussion various aspects regarding the fields of research in the sciences of education, sociology, psychology, philosophy, the evolution of society in history and the pandemic period. The discussions demonstrated the need to coordinate efforts to establish a common research framework, exchange of experience in vital areas of activity, especially in the conditions of particularly difficult times that human society is going through at this stage.
In the section work, the emphasis was on the impressive diversity offered by the field of education sciences and many others. The general thematic framework focused on the challenges in the field of education sciences and covered a wide range of topics including: school bullying, child emotional security, parental love, community action, negative affectivity in the university environment, leadership, psychological security, life in society, family as educational factor, management of emotions in employees, anxiety, aggression, learning in the context of the pandemic, absenteeism/school dropout, adolescent’s well-being, educational counseling of students in academic environment, becoming as a concept, etc.
Contributions were also made to the analysis of technological evolution and its impact on the informational and educational spectrum. It was emphasized that information overload has become fertile ground for the installation of conditions in which individuals are more vulnerable today than ever to imperceptible risks with significant effects in the medium and long term: manipulation, blurring or altering
value systems, reinterpreting history.
A particular area, on which the discussions focused, regards on the current challenges in human society at the global level, with repercussions on the social and economic situation. Special attention was paid to the particularly important impact that the Covid-19 pandemic had had on a larger scale. The discussed problems tended to propose solutions for the specialists in the field of educational sciences, and many of them require professional psycho-pedagogical interventions.
The speakers in the sections also proposed for discussion various topical issues in the field of contemporary psychopedagogy, reflecting both the theoretical and the praxiological aspect of the researched problems, as well as experiences from professional activity. The carried out and presented studies are up-to-date and relevant, they have a practical and useful character for the fields of education sciences.
Some of the communications were dedicated to the most pressing and current issues of linguistics. These have generated scientific debates focused on the reality and major issues of communication, language and literature, culture and linguistics teaching.
The section dedicated to the modern trends in the study of history and society came with original contributions on the new challenges in the modern world, with reflections on the new publications from original internal or external sources, with reflections on the inter-dependence of the Romanian history with the world one, with complex studies on regional and inter-continental realities.
The topics presented in the Congress were of major interest for the participants in the Congress who mentioned that access to quality education generates positive, long-term effects on society. Research-involved teachers can make an essential contribution to the development of early education programmes, reducing early school leaving, preparing for the labour market, encouraging initiative, innovation and lifelong learning. The authors of the communications also mentioned that they advocate for an inclusive, accessible education system, both in cities and rural areas. Also, the participants in the Moldovan-Polish-Romanian International Scientific Congress expressed their satisfaction with the level of the event.
The reflections on the proposed topics led to the formulation of the following conclusions:
- taking over good practices, efficient experiences, performing methods in professional activity;
- capitalizing on the partnerships family-educational institution-community centers in order to create optimal conditions in educating the young generation and over-passing pedagogical and psychological problems;
- providing psycho-pedagogical support by specialists able to respond effectively to the needs of beneficiaries by using age-appropriate diagnosis methods;
- elaboration of remedial activities in solving various problems: reduction of bullying, stimulation of pro-social behaviour, persuasive
communication, well-being, etc.
- all this contributing to the formation of an integral personality, able to face the requirements of the modern labour market;
- identification of psycho-pedagogical approaches for the prevention of imperceptible risks with significant effects in the medium and long term: manipulation, blurring or alteration of value systems, reinterpretation of history and cultural landmarks or reducing the capacity of the individual critical apparatus;
- development of research projects in order to bring arguments and validate an educational model based on the philosophy and semantics of the concept of the concept of Becoming. The complexity and depth of this word places it in the category of concepts and can be generalized to express the specifics of the Romanian pedagogy;
- focusing on identifying the significance and relevance of knowledge for the learner;
- identification, based on the real existing conditions, of the elaboration possibilities of the adequate educational resources taking into account the structure of the contents in order to increase their degree of accessibility;
- elaboration of didactic strategies of teaching-learning-evaluation and relevant educational resources taking into account the structure of the contents for the distance training in Mathematics, Physics and Information Technologies, especially during the pandemic period;
- creation of a laboratory for the purpose of research and elaboration of modern educational resources in STEAM concept;
- creating adequate conditions for the use of information technologies in education;
- ensuring and stimulating inter- and trans-disciplinary research;
- the need to identify new solutions, models and strategies that can contribute to the sustainable development of the current education system;
- strengthening the quality of the initial and continuous professional training process in the field;
- maintaining and developing collaborative relations, promoting and stimulating inter-academic exchanges between specialists from the countries participating in this scientific event;
- identification and proposal of international projects with wide participation in which to capitalize on the achievements obtained in the announced research fields;
- creation of databases on interests in the field of education sciences for the continuation of investigations on various fields of activity and the exchange of experience between the interested ones;
- support the continuity of the organization and conduct of such international meetings.