I. Short history
The faculty of Biology and Chemistry was founded in 1930. From 1930 until now, an impressive number of biological specialists, ecologists, chemists have been trained. About 15,000 people graduated from the faculty.
Within the faculty there are currently 3 departments:
II. Teachers staff
The faculty has an experienced teaching staff. About 80% of the faculty professors presented scientific titles of doctoral skills and are doctorate in biological, chemical, ecological, pedagogical and agricultural sciences. Currently, 41 professors work at the faculty departments.
Students: Cycle I – about 500, Cycle II – about 100.
III. Material basis
Within the faculty the laboratory works are currently performed in the following didactic-scientific laboratories:
- The laboratory of plant systematics and biogeography.
- The laboratory of Plant Morphology and Anatomy.
- The laboratory of Agrobiology and Plant Physiology.
- The laboratory of Genetics and Didactics of Biology.
- The Physiology laboratory ,,P. Pulbere”.
- The laboratory of Anatomy and Histoembryology.
- The laboratory of the Vertebrate Zoology and Ecology.
- The laboratory of the Invertebrate Zoology.
- The laboratory of the Organic Chemistry.
- The laboratory of the Analytical Chemistry.
- The laboratory of the Physical Chemistry.
- The laboratory of the Inorganic Chemistry.
The equipment of the laboratories corresponds to the requirements of the study process at the respective disciplines. At the faculty is realized the strategy of continuous modernization of the departments laboratories.
IV. Facilities and competences
The graduates of the faculty, who have studied the psycho-pedagogical module, can be employed in the field of work as teachers of biology and chemistry in gymnasiums and high schools of the country. Apart from the educational institutions the career fields are much wider, they include: education management, ecology, forestry, testing the quality of the environment and various products (food, petroleum oil, etc.), sanology, the cosmetic industry, etc. The graduates of the faculty have acquired competences that are useful not only in the educational system, but also in various fields of economics.
V. International relations
The Tiraspol State University, Faculty of Biology and Chemistry collaborates with a number of institutions:
- ,,Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iaşi, Romania.
- ,,Ştefan cel Mare” University, Suceava, Romania.
- ,,Petru Poni” Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Iaşi, Romania.
- ,,Ion Ionescu de la Brad” University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Iaşi, Romania.
- National University of Camence Podolsk, Ukraine.
- University of Genoa
- ,,Iurii Fedkovici” National University, Cernăuţi, Ukraine.
- ,,Jan Dlugosz” University, Czestochowa, Poland.
- Carmel College, Daliat Al-Carmel, Israel.
- Cracow Pedagogical University, Poland.
- Tallinn University
- Practice Convention, ,,Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iaşi, ,,Petre Jitariu” Biological Station, Potoci-Neamţ, Romania.
- University of Piteşti
VI. Scientific research
All the departments elaborate and realize the Scientific research Plans, in which are specified the research objectives of the each teacher. The investigations which are undertake by the members of the departments take place in the system, forming a continuity, by this they are valuable and useful to the educational process. Within the Faculty, at the Chemistry Department, scientific research is carried out in the Laboratory ,,Experimental Chemistry”, in the Department of Plant Biology and Animal Biology – in the Laboratory ,,Ecological Biotechnologies”.
The scientific-teaching staff of the faculties are the members of the doctoral school ,,Education Sciences” of the consortium of the Tiraspol State University, the State University of Cahul ,,B. P. Hasdeu”, the Institute of Education Sciences in the specialties School didactics at the disciplines (chemistry, biology).
|2016-2019||”Studiul acţiunii antropice asupra biodiversităţii, statusului fiziologic al populaţiei mun. Chişinău şi utilizarea rezultatelor în formarea competenţelor transdisciplinare în procesul educaţional”|
|2010-2014||”Sinteza şi studiul compuşilor coordinativi ai unor metale tranziţionale cu proprietăţi utile şi arhitectură supramoleculară” în baza Catedrei de Chimie.|
The research directions of the Department of Plant Biology:
- Identification, inventory and study of the composition of flora and vegetation of sectors and nature monuments of the Republic of Moldova.
- Studying the culture, mutant and spontaneous genofond of some culture plants (tomatoes, corn, etc.) as well as evaluating their production indices, quality, resistance to cold, burns and diseases.
- Highlighting the modern methods, as well as the use of problematization in motivating and developing the students’ intellectual competences, as well as their involvement in research during the instructional-educational process.
The research directions of the Animal Biology Department:
- Structure and dynamics of invertebrate and vertebrate animal populations in the habitats of the Central forest ecosystem Codrii.
- Functional reserves of the body. Stage: Functional reserves of the brain under different conditions. Biological rhythms.
The research directions of the Chemistry Department:
- Synthesis, study and properties of the coordination compounds of the transition metals
- Chemistry of natural compounds
- Quantum and computational chemistry
- Organic and food chemistry
- Didactics of chemistry