Department of Sciences Didactics
Tiraspol State University is the first Higher Education institution in the Republic of Moldova. During the nine decades, the institution has trained over 90 thousand specialists for various fields of socio-economic activity, working both in the Republic of Moldova and abroad. The field of Education Sciences was and is the basic priority in the educational offer of the institution. From the beginning and until now, the fundamental mission of the institution is the training of highly qualified teachers and the scientific-methodical consultation during the entire professional activity. During the 90 years, within the university departments there were trained professional teachers in various field, who, through their activity at the faculties, contributed to the formation of generations of young specialists – university graduates and dedicated professionals in pre-university education, managers of many organizations in the field of Education Sciences and education departments. Thus, the school of specialists in Didactics at Tiraspol State University is unique in value and quality in the Republic of Moldova, in the Romanian space and in South-Eastern Europe as well. The distinct element of this academic community is the specialization in different fields of Didactics, especially in the Didactics of Exact Sciences and Nature (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Biology, Geography). Traditionally, due to the national and international recognition of the value of the scientific school in the field of Didactics, Tiraspol State University was the institution empowered to organize doctoral studies, to have the only scientific seminar and the Scientific Council specialized in the Didactics of Exact Sciences and Nature in the Republic of Moldova.
The department is a platform for discussions in order to develop methodological elaborations and disseminate the most relevant experiences both in the university environment and in general education. The collaboration between the groups of teachers from various fields is focused on the exchange of experience and the capitalization of interdisciplinary links – necessary elements in the context of current expectations, in particular the implementation of the STE(A)M education methodology. The cohesion of teachers groups is exercised in carrying out joint activities, in developing research projects, scientific and didactic publications that address a wide variety of issues related to curricular areas, etc.
The department brings together university teachers and teachers from the pre-university education system, 4 representatives from six fields:
- Geography: PhD, Associate Professor Elena Sochircă; PhD, Associate Professor Anatol Puțuntică; Vitalie Mamot; Elena Beregoi;
- Biology: PhD, Associate Professor Boris Nedbaliuc; PhD, Associate Professor Diana Coșcodan; Rodica Nedbaliuc; Daniela Placinta;
- Chemistry: PhD, Univ. Professor Eduard Coropceanu; PhD, Associate Professor Diana Chișca; Sergiu Codreanu; Dumitru Ureche;
- Physics: PhD, Associate Professor Viorel Bocancea; PhD, Associate Professor Igor Postolachi; PhD, Associate Professor Leonid Guțuleac; Victor Ciuvaga;
- Mathematics: Academician, Dr. Hab., Univ. Professor Mitrofan Cioban; PhD, Associate Professor Larisa Sali; Dr. Hab., Professor Dumitru Cozma; PhD, Associate Professor Marcel Teleucă;
- Informatics: Dr. Hab., Univ. Professor Liubomir Chiriac; PhD, Associate Professor Andrei Braicov; PhD, Associate Professor Angela Globa; PhD, Associate Professor Lilia Mihalachi.
The members of the Department participate in the examination of doctoral theses within the Doctoral School “Education Sciences” at the second stage of presentation. The members are:
- PhD, Univ. Professor Eduard Coropceanu;
- Acad., Dr. Hab., Univ. Professor Mitrofan Cioban;
- Dr. Hab., Univ. Professor Ilie Lupu;
- Dr. Hab., Univ. Professor Liubomir Chiriac;
- PhD, Associate Professor Andrei Braicov;
- PhD, Associate Professor Larisa Sali;
- PhD, Associate Professor Angela Globa;
- PhD, Associate Professor Elena Sochircă;
- PhD, Associate Professor Anatol Puțuntică;
- PhD, Associate Professor Boris Nedbaliuc;
- PhD, Associate Professor Diana Coșcodan;
- PhD, Associate Professor Diana Chișca;
- PhD, Associate Professor Viorel Bocancea;
- PhD, Associate Professor Igor Postolachi.
One of the basic objectives of the department members is the continuous professional development, especially in the field of Education Sciences. The objective results from both the teachers’ intrinsic aspirations and from the exigency towards ensuring the quality of the educational process as trainers within the courses of continuous professional training of the teachers from the pre-university system. In order to strengthen the relationship between Higher Education and General Education and to provide the necessary methodological support, the Department has the responsibility to organize annually at national level the Teachers’ Republican Conference, the Workshop “Advanced Technologies in Education”, scientific-methodical seminars on school subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics) and other manifestations. The most valuable studies of the department members are published in the journal Acta et Commentationes (Sciences of Education) and in various prestigious journals in the field in the country and abroad.
Most of the department members are involved in conducting scientific research within the project 20.80009.0807.20 “Methodology of implementing ICT in the process of studying the real sciences in the education system of the Republic of Moldova from the perspective of inter/transdisciplinarity (STE(A)M concept”, scientific advisor Dr Hab., Prof. Liubomir Chiriac The main objective of the project is to develop mechanisms to streamline the training process based on Information Technologies.
Within the Department there is the Laboratory for the Development of Digital Educational Resources, head of laboratory – Sergiu Corlat. The mission of the Laboratory is to provide ethnic and methodological support for the development of teaching materials in digital format for the pre-university and university system.